Kountermove's Fantasy MMA Scoring
3 STEPS TO UNDERSTAND SCORING:
1) Official stats - After a match, FightMetric scores Significant Strikes Landed, Takedowns/Reversals, Submission Attempts, Knockdowns, Dominant Positions, and Rounds Won, we then convert this statistical performance into points that are compiled and totaled according to the roster of fighters that makes up your fantasy team. Here is a sample scoring outcome from Cain Velasquez from UFC 166:
2) Fantasy Scoring Kountermove determines a fighter’s fantasy score as follows:
* A "No Contest" results in both fighters receiving no win/decision bonus.
* Significant Strikes are punches or strikes that land and are considered "Power Strikes" by our official scoring providers.
* Round points are scored based on the totality of the judges' scores rather than individual rounds.
* All tournament fights will count towards a fighters score.
Once the card begins and your picks have fought, you can hover over a fighters name to see the total points scored in their bout.
Like other fantasy sites, Kountermove awards zero points to players who draft a fighter who scratches or an entire fight that scratches because of injury, illness, or any other reasons. Decisions and points are final in the cage - scoring is based only on the final call, during the event, in the cage.
3) Prize Pool Distribution & Winnings - The overall prize pool is pre-determined for each game. The prize pool amount is noted on the homepage where you select a game to play. Just hover your cursor over the prize pool amount on the homepage or bottom left draft page to see how the prize pool is dispersed. In the event of a tie, the prize for that place is divided evenly between the tied players.
How to withdraw winnings? You can withdraw your winnings at any time. Simply click on the “Withdraw” button on your “My Account” page and enter the amount you wish to withdraw. We'll then transfer the money to you via PayPal. All withdrawal requests will be processed within 72 hours . We take precautionary measures with anti-fraud checks on playing patterns and deposits prior to approving a withdrawal. For withdrawals of $250 or more we also offer withdrawal by check. For withdrawals over $600 we require a valid mailing address and social security number in order to file the appropriate tax forms.
Please note that members are limited to $100.00 in total deposit bonuses.
Are fantasy sports legal? Absolutely! Fantasy sports are considered to be a game of skill and have a specific exemption from the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA 2006). (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unlawful_Internet_Gambling_Enforcement_Act_of_2006)