How Kountermove's Fantasy MMA Works.
How does fantasy work? In fantasy sports, players (you) act as owners to build a team of individual players that compete against other fantasy members teams based on the statistics generated by the real individual athlete in a game/fight.
Is fantasy MMA different than other fantasy sports? Our fantasy MMA games (and other combat sport offerings) work very similar to other fantasy sports. In fantasy football, points are tallied from touchdowns, pass completions, yards rushed, etc., whereas in MMA points are awarded for strikes landed, submission attempts, knockdowns, dominant positions, rounds won, and knockout or submission bonuses. In fantasy boxing, points are tallied by strikes, knockdowns, KOs, and rounds won.
3 STEPS TO GET IN A KOUNTERMOVE FANTASY GAME:
1 Select a Game
Select a game. In the lobby, there are free games, low entry cash games and big cash tourneys for each major MMA event. You may enter in as many games as you like. We offer fantasy games in five different combat sports, across eight organizations, including: UFC, Bellator, WSOF, Invicta, GLORY kickboxing, Metamoris Pro Jiu-Jitsu, WWE and boxing.
2 Pick 5 Fighters For Your Team
Pick your team of 5 fighters. Once you've chosen your game, you are given an artificial “salary cap” of $25,000 in fantasy dollars to spend on drafting your team of fighters you expect to rack up the most points. Each fighter has a designated Kountermove salary. For example, at UFC 190, Ronda Rousey was priced at $6,000, while her opponent Bethe Correia was priced at $4,200.
3 Score Points & Win
Score Points and Win. Once the fight card begins, follow the action live! Watch as you accumulate points based on how well your picks performed. Winners are determined by the most points earned. Fight statistics for the UFC and Bellator are provided by FightMetric LLC, the UFC's official stats provider. We then convert the statistical performance into points that are compiled and totaled according to the roster of fighters that makes up your fantasy team.
- Always monitor MMA news updates and change your team if a fight or fighter is scratched. Kountermove does not notify members of changes in the fight card. If a fighter is injured and replaced and Kountermove is made aware of the change within 24 hours of the scheduled fight time, Kountermove may not replace the injured fighter.
- Like other fantasy sites, Kountermove awards zero points to players who draft a fighter who scratches or an entire fight that scratches because of injury, illness, or any other reason. Decisions and points are final in the cage - scoring is based only on the final call, during the event, in the cage.
- Therefore, you may edit your team of fighters at any time up until the first preliminary bout of the event begins (when the all games close!). We may close games up to an hour before the preliminary fights begin, so do not delay in editing your team if you need to!
- Limit one entry per household into any freeroll game.
Please note that members are limited to $100.00 in total deposit bonuses. Also, any churning, scamming or manipulating the Deposit bonus will terminate the bonus and funds will be deducted from your account.
Free alternative method of entry: Players can send picks and game # to 1502 Jones dr. Ann Arbor MI 48105.
- A qualifier is a contest where the top winners earn a TICKET to a larger event.
- Tickets may NOT be exchanged for cash.
- At the close of each qualifiying event, Kountermove will manually enter all ticket winners into the qualifiying event and send winners a link to the qualifying game (the game will also be listed in the KM game lobby).
- Players will be notified via email when they can set their lineups for the qualifying event.
- If a player does not set their team before the qualifying event start time, their team will earn 0 points.
- If a tie occurs, a head to head match will be set up during the following event for the teams that tied. The match will be of the same sport and organization. Kountermove will contact each player with the details of the match and date it will take place.